Gordy Memorial Church of God in Christ (Our Local Church)
Gordy Memorial Church of God in Christ is located on 455 Polk Street in the city of River Rouge, MI, on the corner of Polk and Hall street. We are located three blocks outside of the city of Detroit, Michigan in the Downriver Area of the region. Our local church served the Downriver community since 1924. After the demise of our pastor, the late John Robert Gaudy in August, 2008, our Jurisdictional Bishop, Bishop John Henry Sheard served as the Pastor of Gordy Memorial COGIC. September 2008, Supt. Lewis Frye of Ypsilanti, MI was named the Superintendent of the Gaudy Memorial District (formerly District #2). December, 2008, Bishop J.H. Sheard named Supt. Daniel R. Grandberry (The Jurisdictional Superintendent of Sunday School), the Pastor of Gordy Memorial COGIC.